Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Eve Traditions






























My mom always took a picture of Sarah and I on the 24th when we put the star on the advent calendar. The girls have loved having this in their room. They have worked out some kind of system on their own to make it fair when in comes to picking something from the pockets each day.













We had a nice day at home. Playing with their new paper dolls and writing a note to Santa. We also went to the candle light service at church and it was absolutely beautiful.


My family also had a tradition on Christmas Eve sitting by the fire where we would drink egg nog (or at least my parents did), my dad read from the bible and we also read, "The Night Before Christmas," and another poem. I'll have to ask Sarah if she remembers more details. We have started a similar tradition reading the same book by the fire with candles.











No comments: