Thursday, June 18, 2009

Hobo's Cobbler

I have a bit of a love for dessert lately. Well, actually since I was pregnant with Skyla. Anyway since Jude and I are not eating any egg or dairy for a while, I tried this recipe and it was yummy! I found it in the Holistic Moms cook book. It was quick and easy and dessert does sometimes need to be an instant gratification kind of a thing. :)


1/2 c. earth balance
1 c. whole wheat pastry flour
1 c. brown sugar - I used about 3/4 agave nectar as substitute
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 c. soy milk
2 c. fresh berries - I used strawberries and blueberries


Preheat oven 375 degrees. (lower to 350 if you use agave) Melt butter in a large baking dish. Stir flour, sugar and baking powder into a bowl. Add milk and mix well. Pour batter over melted butter- DO NOT STIR. Heat berries for a couple of minutes until hot. Pour hot berries over batter- DO NOT STIR. Bake until batter creeps to the top of the baking dish and forms a brown crust, about 30 minutes. Great with vanilla ice cream/non-dairy sub!

No comments: