Monday, October 4, 2010

The Fair






















I took the kids to the state fair on Friday. They have been asking to go back since the first time we went two years ago. It was a spontaneous decision and also a way to celebrate August's recent success with going to school. I wasn't sure how Jude would do on the rides but he loved them. When the first ride started he was obviously surprised by the sudden movement. I put him in the little fish and he was thrilled. Suddenly the ride started rather abruptly and his face looked like, "What the heck? No one told me this thing was going to move!" After that I sat him securely next to his sister because you can handle these things much easier with a little sister love.

This year we also watched a live tiger and bear show. The kids really enjoyed the bear show. I'll admit it was entertaining. However, I couldn't help thinking the poor bear must be humiliated wearing a Hawaiian lei and riding a bike.

1 comment:

kclblogs said...

oh, we miss that fair!