Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Hanging Out

Normally, I am not one to hang around the house for long. I get anxious to be outside or go somewhere. I get overwhelmed by all the things I see around the house I want to clean. Lately though I am such a home body. Even though it is not as cold as many other places it is still cold enough to discourage an outing. Lester took vacation the week after Christmas for the first time this year. We all have loved every minute of it. It has been the most peaceful, lazy but sometimes productive, bonding, happy time. I just want to read and knit and read and knit. Even though this can't be a reality, I am happy with seeing the kids get in their own world and be so happy to play at home.

Playing in their "house". The beads all along the edge were Christmas lights. The fabric scraps everywhere was snow. Love it.














A teeter totter from Santa
Wearing Christmas presents























They thought this was SO funny. (actually, it was pretty funny) Skyla drew on August's face. I could tell that Skyla did the drawing. It is so typical of their personalities. Skyla would be the one to carefully just put a few dots on her sister's face. She is not one to get messy and also not really one to do things she knows she shouldn't do. August however, if given the opportunity to be in charge of that marker would have made really large marks all over probably covering her whole face.

2 comments:

kclblogs said...

yay for all the knitting!!!

michele said...

Have I been gone that long? Skyla and August look about a year older! We sure miss you guys...