Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Birthday Banner

We have hung the birthday banner in anticipation of Skyla's 6th Birthday. I got the idea to make this banner from one of my favorite blogs http://soulemama.typepad.com/ We decided whenever it is someone in the family's birthday we will hang the banner all week. I made it this summer in my end of pregnancy crafting/nesting frenzy. I just cut out triangle shaped pieces of fabric. Some of them are the same on both sides and some are different. I sewed them wrong sides together just how they would look finished and then used pinking shears to cut the edges. I then sewed them to gingham quilt binding. I can't seem to get a good picture of it but here it is.










































1 comment:

kristin said...

we have these too. only i made one for micah and then hung it in his room. the girls are planning on their own.


i'm trying to fit pieces together....are you katie's friend?