Tuesday, January 13, 2009

My Name Is August



Les describes August as, "such a kid". She does seem to live in her own little wonderful world. She is always talking and I mean always. So, if she isn't talking to someone else she is talking to herself. I notice her do this a lot in the car and at home on Mondays when her hero/sister is at school. She sings songs to herself and hums little tunes a lot too. I love to watch her playing with her shadow or playing in the sun rays that shine on the floor. She likes to pick up rocks in the parking lots, pull leaves off of trees and collect little things like acorns. This summer we went through the "I can do it myself/I want to control everything" stage. She went through this full force. Unfortunately I was sleep deprived and taking care of a newborn so I wasn't as patient as I would have liked. We all survived though and even though she does still want to get out of the car by herself she does it now without screaming, "I don't want you!". For a while now she does NOT like to be called anything other than August. I sometimes call her Aug, babe, sweetie or something along those lines. She tells me or anyone else immediately, "Don't call me ______, my name is August". Here is a conversation we had this week while taking Skyla to class.

Me: Skyla can you please unbuckle Aug.
August: I'm not Aug mama, I'm August!
Me: Sometimes I call you Aug because it is short for August.
August: But mama, I'm not short!

I have to add these next photos of August covered in marker because I love them so much. A little foreshadowing perhaps...




No comments: