Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A "Birdie Dress" For August













I was excited to try to make a t-shirt dress for the girls. I couldn't really find directions on the web so I tried to figure it out on my own. I tend to get really excited about these types of new projects and I'm not really patient through out the process. I found the t-shirt on clearance at Target for $1.50 and I already had the fabric. The dress is a little more potato sack shaped then I was hoping for but that is because I didn't gather the material at the top. I also accidentally cut a hole in the shirt while doing a little seam ripping (oops, it's not the first time this has happened). I covered the hole by making an applique out of an another piece of fabric. Bottom line ~I have a new dress for $1.50 that my three year old loves and has named her "birdie dress".





No comments: