Friday, May 22, 2009

A Trip To The Farm

I'll admit that at first I was having a hard time with the smell and the flies but we had a great time visiting Carlton Farm. We went on a home school tour with friends to visit a farm that produces raw milk, free range eggs, grass fed beef and organic fruit and veggies. It was neat to hear they have been a family business since 1919. We learned about the animals and watched a milking demonstration.

Mom, you will be amused to know that I asked the girls on the way home, "What was your favorite part about the farm today?" A question you always asked Sarah and I after family outings. I find it becoming part of our family outings now.

Here are their responses:
Skyla: Everything!, chasing the hens, feeding the cows
August: Washing my hands (they had a really cool table outside with six buckets set up as hand washing stations) and the moos
She continues to call the cows "the moos" or "the mooses"

Thanks Michelle for planning this outing...we had fun!

No comments: