Thursday, July 8, 2010

Backyard Camp Out





















June 26th in conjunction with the National Wildlife Federation's "camp out day" we hosted a camp out in our backyard. We were not expecting many neighbors to be there but we were determined to give it a try despite the hot weather and the mosquitoes. We consider it a success! We had a good number of neighbors come by to hang out and even a few campers. I'll admit Jude and I slept indoors but I'll also use his age as my excuse. Les and the girls slept in our neighbor's tent. We also had two girls from the neighborhood camp out and they were so excited. They called Les at 2:00am from their cell phone to say they were scared and thought there was a raccoon outside their tent. Good times and who knows... maybe it will become an annual event.






1 comment:

kclblogs said...

Perfect timing. This was just the inspiration I need for this weekend. The girls have planned a campout in our backyard.

LOVE Jude's hair!!!!