Monday, July 12, 2010

The Lake

I spontaneously decided on a Monday morning to take the kids to visit Val and Gene at their lake house. They loved playing in the rock garden and "cooked" us all kinds of food. We also went for a boat ride. They went swimming in the lake with Val for the first time.
We have been making this trip since Sky was a baby. I have always been uncomfortable with my babies being on a boat in the middle of a huge lake before they are strong swimmers. I have also had night mares about them in the murky water. I think I have made a little progress in the last seven years though. It is one of those times when you don't want to instill fear or stand in the way of their adventures but it is so hard to tell your mama bear voice to be quiet and quit worrying. I'm working on it.























1 comment:

Aunt Brooke said...

Way to go Jen. so proud of you.